The Scan History page displays the files that have been submitted and analyzed by users in your organization. The files can be classified as Approved, Rejected, Deleted, and Unclassified. By default, all new files are added as Unclassified.
You can choose from a set of default reports to display the files with a specific classification. You can also choose to display all files.
The currently selected report displays at the top of the file list. The number to the right of the report indicates the number of files it includes.
The Scan History page defaults to the All report.
An extensive filtering system lets you easily search for a specific file or display a group of files that match the criteria selected.
- Expand the End User Tools menu and select Scan History.
- Select the desired report.
- All files submitted and analyzed for the current organization, regardless of classification
- Files not yet classified as Approved or Rejected
- Files submitted for analysis that have been evaluated to be trustworthy, so marked as Approved by an administrator or security analyst
- Files submitted for analysis that have been evaluated to be untrustworthy, so marked as Rejected by an administrator or security analyst
- Old or incorrectly submitted files that have been deleted in an effort to make the Accepted, Rejected, and Unclassified reports more manageable
- Explore the features of the file list.
- An arrow to the left of a filename indicates that the file contains additional files (subcomponents). Click the arrow to display the contents of that file.
- A symbol to the left of a filename indicates the file type (e.g., application, file, folder).
- Where a filename is cut off (too long for the column), hover your cursor over the item to display the full name.
- Sort the file list by column. You can sort by any column in either ascending or descending order. An arrow to the right of a column heading indicates the column that currently dictates the display order. Use the Column Options feature to specify the columns displayed and the desired sort order.
- Click the file’s score or the filename to open an information window. Click the score displays the Analysis Results tab. Clicking the filename displays the File Details tab.
The Analysis Results tab explains the assigned score. The File Details and Relationships tabs display a variety of information about the selected file. Additional tabs may be available as appropriate for your organization and permissions.
- A symbol may appear to the right of the file's score. This provides additional information about the file. Hover your cursor over the symbol to display a tooltip. The possible symbols are:
- Trusted Vendor
The file was submitted to FACT as part of a product from a trusted vendor.
- Certificate Chain Mismatch
The file's certificate does not match the certificate chain provided by the trusted vendor. This symbol is a warning that the file may be fraudulent.
The file has been deleted. This symbol appears only when the All report is selected.
The file has been marked as Approved, indicating it is trusted. This symbol appears only when the All report is selected.
The file has been marked as Rejected, indicating it is not trusted. This symbol appears only when the All report is selected.
The file is being analyzed by the FACT system. When processing is complete, the file may display an adjusted score.
- Use the navigation features at the bottom of the file list to move through the pages.
- Use the filter panel at the top of the page to filter by file attribute. There are several categories available and you can set as many as you want.
- Use the search field to locate a specific file by keyword. FACT filters the file list as you type, displaying only the files whose filename, vendor, product, or version contains the text you enter. The search is limited to the current list. To search all files, make sure you select the All report.
Please sign in to leave a comment.