Once file analysis is complete, you can classify the file as Approved or Rejected to acknowledge that the analysis results and score have been reviewed. This classification indicates to users within your organization whether a file is deemed to be acceptable for installation and use – or not.
Before approving or rejecting a file, make sure you have selected the correct file: click the filename to review full file details before making your changes. Once classified, you cannot undo the action to return the file to its unclassified state. You can, however, reclassify it.
- Expand the End User Tools menu and select Scan History.
The page defaults to the All report. This is likely where you will want to be; however, if you are changing the classification of a file (rather than approving or rejecting an unclassified file), you can switch to the appropriate report.
- Locate the file you want to work with.
Use the filter and search features to display a set of files with specific attributes or help locate a particular file. See Filter and search for files for full instructions on using these features.
- Hover your cursor over the file you want to work with and click the down arrow to expand the row.
This displays additional functionality available for the file.
Consider adding tags and a description to the file. The additional details can provide other users with important information about the file and the reason for its classification.
You can perform this action on multiple files at one time.
- Click the check box to the left of each file you want to approve or reject. All files must be on the same page; you can’t multi-select files across pages.
- Click the Approve Selected button or Reject Selected button in the button bar to classify the selected files.
- Click the Approve button to indicate that the file is trusted.
Click the Reject button to indicate that the file is questionable.
The file is removed from the current report (unless the All report is currently selected) and placed in the appropriate report (Approved or Rejected).
Please sign in to leave a comment.