After submitting product files using the submit-product command in the FACT Composition Engine (FCE), you can sign in to the FACT web portal and view those files, including the file details and confidence rating. You can also edit and manage the files there.
The Product Files page in the web portal displays the files produced by your organization. These can be files submitted by your organization using the FCE, as well as files discovered by the aDolus FACT system that it believes originated from your company.
There are 6 default reports available, which allow you to display a specific set of product files. The reports are available in a list to the left of the button bar: Available, Released, Private, Discovered, All, and Deleted. The number to the right of each report indicates the number of product files in that report.
The Product Files page defaults to the All report.
- Expand the Vendor Tools menu and select Product Files.
- Select the desired report.
- All product files submitted by the current organization through the FCE or attributed to the organization through discovery, regardless of classification
- Products that have not been classified as Released or Private
- Products that you have classified as Released; these products are publicly available to users
- Products that you have classified as Private; these products are not intended for public distribution
- Products discovered, such as through a 3rd-party repository or on the vendor's website, that FACT determines to be from the current organization
- Old or incorrectly submitted product files deleted in an effort to make the other reports more manageable
- Choose how you want the product files displayed: Group By Product or List All Files.
These two options in the button bar let you choose how to display the product files. Both views display the same content; they just organize the product files differently.
- Group By Product
- Organizes the files by the product lines they're associated with
- List All Files
- Organizes the files alphanumerically by the column specified for sorting (or chronologically if sorted by date of upload)
- Understand the product file information displayed in the files table.
- The confidence rating assigned by the FACT system to the product file
- The name of the product file
This column appears only in the List All Files view.
- The name of the product associated with the product file
In the Group By Product view, the Product column lists the product lines that have been created within your organization. Each product line is marked with the symbol . The Unassigned product line is always present and contains the product files that have not been assigned to a product line.
In the List All Files view, the Product column displays the name of the product line that a product file belongs to. Hover your cursor over a product to see the number of product lines the file belongs to.
- The field displays only one product but expanding it gives you a list of all associated product lines. If the product file has not been manually assigned to a product line, this field displays the related product name as read from the file properties. In this case, the product name (displayed in italics) is followed by the number zero in parentheses. If an associated product name is not found, the field is empty.
- The version number of the product file
- Version Status
- A status set by the vendor that indicates to users the current level of support provided for the product
- Public Release
- A date assigned by the FACT system when the file is submitted or discovered to indicate the public release date of the product
- The date the product file was submitted to the FACT system using the FCE
- Explore the files table.
- Expand the arrow to the left of a product line to reveal the child product lines and the product files that have been added to that line. (Group By Product view only)
- Expand the Product field to reveal a list of all product lines the product file has been added to (List All Files view only)
- An arrow to the left of a product filename indicates that it contains additional files. Click the arrow to display the files within that product.
- A symbol to the left of a filename indicates the file type (e.g., application, file, folder).
- Where a filename is cut off (too long for the column), hover your cursor over the item to display the full name.
- Click a filename or a file’s score to display an information window. You can also click the More Actions button on the far right of the row and select File Details.
The Analysis Results tab explains the assigned score. The File Details and Relationships tabs display a variety of information about the selected product file.
- A symbol may appear to the right of the product file's score. This provides additional information about the file. Hover your cursor over the symbol to display a tooltip. The following list explains each symbol.
- Trusted Vendor
The product file was submitted to FACT as part of a product from a trusted vendor.
- Certificate Chain Mismatch
The product file’s certificate does not match the certificate chain provided by the trusted vendor. This symbol is a warning that the file may be fraudulent.
The product file was discovered by FACT (e.g., through a 3rd-party repository or on the vendor’s website) and determined that it originated from the current organization.
The vendor has marked the product file as Released, indicating that it is publicly available to users.
The vendor has marked the product file as Private, indicating it is not intended for public distribution.
The product file has been deleted. This symbol appears only when the All report is selected.
- Click the More Actions button on the far right of the row to access actions you can perform on a product file or product line.
- Use the navigation features at the bottom of the product file list to move through the pages.
- Use the keyword search to locate a specific product file.
FACT filters the files table as you type, displaying only the files whose product name, version, company name, or filename (as read from the file properties) contains the text you enter. The search is limited to the current view and report. To search all product files, make sure you select the All report.
Only the top level product files are read; if the product file is compressed, the sub-files are not searched.
The filtered list persists until you clear the search field. Click in the search field to clear the criteria.