Multi-factor authentication (MFA) provides an additional layer of security to your account. This setting is required for all aDolus FACT accounts. It requires that you enter a security token to access the web portal the first time you sign in and any time unusual activity, such as sign-in attempts from new locations and devices, is detected.
Once configured (done as part of account creation), you can update the settings at any time. An update will be necessary if your mobile phone is lost or stolen, or your phone number changes.
- Click your name at the bottom of the sidebar to display the Account Settings page.
The Profile tab is selected by default.
- In the Multi-Factor Authentication box, click the Settings button.
The Configure Text Message (SMS) MFA dialog box opens.
- Click Change Phone.
- In the Phone Number field, enter the phone number you want to use to receive codes via text message.
Enter your number the way you normally dial it and include the country code. Precede the phone number with a plus (+) sign.
North American example: +1-604-345-9999
UK example: +44 7911 123456
If you don't provide one, the country code defaults to +1.
- Click Send Code.
This sends a test message with a 6 digit code to the phone number you entered.
- When you receive the code, enter it in the Verification Code field.
- Click Verify.
A message indicates the phone number has been successfully verified.
- Click Close.
- Select any page in the sidebar to exit the Account Settings page.