As you create and manage your product lines, you'll need to create branches off your top-level products. Follow the steps in this article to navigate and add to your product line structure.
- Expand the Vendor Tools menu and select Product Files.
- Click Group by Product.
The table displays the existing product lines. Each is marked with the symbol . Clicking the arrow to the left of a product line expands it, revealing its child product lines and any files associated with that product line.
You can create a product line in the List All Files view. However, since that view displays a list of files, you won’t see the product line in context. We recommend you build out and manage your product line structure in the Group By Product view.
- Locate the product line where you want to create a child product line.
This may involve expanding a top-level product line to drill down to see the existing child product lines.
- Hover your cursor over that product line and click the More Actions button on the far right of the row.
A menu displays the options available for the product line.
- Click Add Child Product Line.
The Add Product Line dialog box opens. Information at the top of the dialog box indicates where your new product line will be created.
- Enter the name and description for the product line you are creating.
The description displays in the files table as a tooltip on the filename, so be sure to enter a description that will be meaningful to users.
- Select the appropriate type for the new product line from the list provided.
Specifying a type allows you to categorize the different nodes of your product line branches.
- Click Save.
The new product line is created as a child of the product line you selected in step 4.