When you are signed in to the Help Center, there are a number of ways that you can interact with the help articles and community posts that you find there.
- View help articles
- The help content is organized into categories. Each category is broken down into sections, which contain related articles. Simply click an article title to open it. When viewing an article, a list of the articles in the current section display on the right side of the page.
- Follow an article
- When viewing a help article, click Follow beneath the title to subscribe to it. This will give you email alerts when new comments are added to the article.
- React to an article
- Each article includes a feature that lets you register a positive or negative reaction to the content. Do this to let us know how you feel about a specific article. Beneath an article, click the thumbs-up symbol (Yes) to indicate that the article was helpful. Alternately, click the thumbs-down symbol (No) to indicate that it wasn’t.
- Comment on an article
- With every article, you have the opportunity to add a comment. Simply enter your comment in the text box provided and click Submit. Remember that every user will be able to see what you write.
- Adding a comment automatically triggers the Follow feature, so you will receive email notifications whenever anyone else comments on the same article. Return to the article at any time and click Unfollow to stop receiving email notifications for this article.
- All users following the article you comment on will receive an email notification that the comment has been added.
- Vote on a comment
- In addition to reacting to articles, you can vote on comments that other users leave on articles. To the right of a comment, click the up arrow (Yes) to indicate you have a positive response to the comment. Alternately, click the down arrow (No) to indicate your negative response to it.
- Create a post
- Every page in the community displays a New post button, so you can easily add content from any community page. Click this button to open a form where you can write your post. Provide a descriptive title and make use of the formatting features available in the Details field. Make sure you add the post to the appropriate topic so that the content is grouped correctly and consistently. Click Submit when you’re done.
- View community content
- The community posts are organized into topics. On the main community page, you can choose to view the topics and then drill down to see the posts, or you can simply view a list of all posts. When viewing the posts, features are available that let you filter and sort the list.
- Follow a topic
- Select a community topic to view a list of the related posts. Click Follow to see the subscription options. You can choose to follow new posts added to that topic or you can follow both the posts and comments added within the topic. These settings trigger email notifications when new posts and comments are added.
- Follow posts
- When viewing a post, click Follow beneath the title to subscribe to it. This will send you email notifications when new comments are added to the post.
- The voting feature lets you indicate when a post is particularly helpful or interesting… or, in turn, unhelpful or misleading. To the right of the post title, click the up arrow (Yes) to indicate you have a positive response to the post. Alternately, click the down arrow (No) to indicate your negative response to it.
- This same functionality is available to the right of each comment, so you can vote on the responses from other users.
- There is a comments section beneath every post. Do you have something to say? Go ahead and enter your comment in the text box provided, then click Submit. Remember that all users will see what you contribute.
- Adding a comment automatically triggers the Follow feature, so you will receive email notifications whenever anyone else comments on the same post. Return to the post at any time and click Unfollow to stop receiving email notifications for the post.
All users following the post you comment on will receive an email notification that the comment has been added.
- Copy link
- You can share a link to a specific comment in order to direct users to an existing answer. Locate the desired comment, click Comment actions, and then click Permalink. Click Copy and then paste the URL in the desired location.